Series 52 (legacy) — MSRB Municipal Securities Representative Qualification Examination
- RECOMMENDED STUDY TIME: 60 hours
- EXAM LENGTH: 0 questions
- EXAM TIME:
- PASSING SCORE: 0%
- TAKING EXAM: Testing is done via Prometric
I struggled with passing the Series 52 exam. I used study materials from Kaplan & STC Interactive. It wasn't until I used Solomon's materials that I was able to pass the exam.
Belinda Wilson, Stifel Nicolaus & Co, Montgomery, AL
- A speedy response
- Direct access to Solomon professors
- Personalized help
"The Ask the Professor and live chat features were excellent!"
Carol G, New York
What does a Series 52 license allow me to do?
The Series 52 qualifies a financial professional to:
- Sell municipal securities (e.g., municipal bonds, agency
bonds, and Section 529 College Savings Plans)
- Trade municipal securities
- Underwrite municipal securities
- Offer financial advice and consultant services to issuers
of municipal securities
- Conduct research and give
investment advice on municipal securities
- Communicate directly or indirectly with public investors
about municipal securities
The Series 52 does not allow the financial professional to sell municipal bond funds, which are mutual funds that invest in municipal securities, unless the professional also has a Series 6 or Series 7.
A Series 52 by itself does not allow the financial representative to trade other types of securities, such as corporate stocks or bonds or U.S. government securities.
- Sell municipal securities (e.g., municipal bonds, agency bonds, and Section 529 College Savings Plans)
How long should I prepare for the Series 52 exam?
We recommend studying 60 hours over a three-week period.
How should I prepare for the Series 52 exam?
Solomon offers a complete Series 52 study program, which includes digital Study Guide and Exam Simulator. Visit the Solomon Series 52 page to learn more.
Do I need to be sponsored to take the Series 52?
Yes, you must be sponsored by a firm in order to take any MSRB exam.
|Number of Questions||1|
Instant validation and rationale
|Percentage required to pass||%|
Select a class that works for you.