Series 52 — MSRB Municipal Securities Representative Qualification ExaminationORDER PRODUCTS REVIEWS FEATURES FAQS SAMPLES
The Solomon Series 52 Study Guide, written in clear easy-to-understand language, contains the information you need to know to pass your exam. Comprehensive and continually updated, the Solomon Series 52 Study Guide has helped thousands pass their exam. The Study Guide contains charts, graphs and practice questions, as well as a glossary of key terms.To view a sample click here.
The Solomon Series 52 Study Guide, written in clear easy-to-understand language, contains the information you need to know to pass your exam. Comprehensive and continually updated, the Solomon Series 52 Study Guide has helped thousands pass their exam. The Study Guide contains charts, graphs and practice questions, as well as a glossary of key terms.
The Study Guide is available in your online Solomon account (this digital guide requires Internet connection and is not downloadable). If you would like a physical book, a hard copy upgrade is available(shipping & handling will apply) that contains the same content as the online edition in your Solomon account.To view a sample click here. Please note: This is a pdf sample from the hard copy edition. If you want this look, you must purchase the hard copy upgrade.
The Series 52 Online Exam Simulator is the industry-leading, online testing solution for the Series 52—MSRB Municipal Securities Representative Qualification Examination! The web-based program provides multiple ways to prepare for the Series 52 exam.
Designed to work with the Solomon Series 52 Study Guide, the Solomon Series 52 Exam Simulator offers thousands of practice questions so you can hone, track and assess your knowledge. Once you’ve read the Study Guide, the Exam Simulator allows you to use and practice what you’ve learned.
The 180-day subscription to the Solomon Series 52 Exam Simulator offers:
• Over 1,300 original Series 52 practice questions with robust rationales which clearly explain why a specific answer is correct
• Questions updated continually to keep up with regulatory and industry changes
• Self-assessment tools that helps you identify areas that require more study
• An unlimited number of 10-question quizzes based on chapters of the Study Guide
• An unlimited number of 80-question untimed practice exams with immediate answer feedback
• An unlimited number of 80-question timed practice exams
Exam simulator subscriptions are limited to one individual.Sample a FREE demo of our Series 52 Online Exam Simulator here!
No other test prep service has questions so similar to the actual exam! Pairing practice questions in the exam simulator with the explanations in the book was definitely helpful in passing the Series 52!
Abhishek Gosavi, MassMutual, Springfield, MA
- A speedy response
- Direct access to Solomon professors
- Personalized help
"The Ask the Professor and live chat features were excellent!"
Carol G, New York
What does a Series 52 license allow me to do?
Qualifies a financial professional to:
- Sell municipal securities (e.g., municipal bonds, agency bonds, and Section 529 College Savings Plans).
- Trade municipal securities
- Underwrite municipal securities
- Offer financial advice and consultant services to issuers of municipal securities
- Conduct research and give investment advice on municipal securities
- Communicate directly or indirectly with public investors about municipal securities
The Series 52 does not allow the financial professional to sell municipal bond funds, which are mutual funds that invest in municipal securities, unless the professional also has a Series 6 or Series 7.
A Series 52 by itself does not allow the financial representative to trade other types of securities, such as corporate stocks or bonds or U.S. government securities.
How many questions are on the exam?
The Series 52 top-off exam is made up of 75 multiple-choice questions covering all three topics in the MSRB exam outline. The MSRB evaluates new questions by including them in the exam as unscored questions. This means that your exam will have 80 questions total, with five of these being unscored. You will not know which five are unscored.
What subjects does the Series 52 exam test?
Topically, the Series 52 top-off is divided into three parts:
- Part One—Municipal Securities—60% (45 questions)
- Part Two—Economic Activity, Government Policy, and the Behavior of Interest Rates—14% (10–11 questions)
- Part Three—Securities Laws and Regulations—26% (19–20 questions)
How long is the exam?
Select a class that works for you.