The NFA Series 3 National Commodities Futures Examination requires a high standard of knowledge and competency. "The Solomon Exam Prep Guide to the Series 3" will help you tackle the Series 3 exam by focusing on the most important and difficult concepts of the exam.
The NFA Series 3 National Commodities Futures Examination requires a high standard of knowledge and competency. "The Solomon Exam Prep Guide to the Series 3" will help you tackle the Series 3 exam by focusing on the most important and difficult concepts of the exam. "The Solomon Exam Prep Guide to the Series 3" includes practice questions and answers after each chapter, information about the exam, and helpful study tips.
- Trading in Commodity Futures
- Trading in Interest Rate Futures
- Foreign Exchange Futures, Stock Futures, and Futures Spreads
- Simple Options and The Futures Market
- Hedging With Multiple Options
- Futures Price and Market Analysis
- Registration, Regulation, and Disciplinary Procedures
The exam study guide is available as an online digital manual via your online student dashboard (requires Internet connection/not downloadable) or as a hard copy textbook (shipping & handling will apply).
Please note: the digital guide and hard copy guide contain the same content, however, this image is a PDF of the hard copy guide and the digital guide is not a PDF and it does not look exactly the same as this PDF of the hard copy. If you want this exact look, you must purchase the hard copy upgrade.To view a sample click here.
The Series 3 Online Exam Simulator is the industry-leading, online testing solution for the Series 3—National Commodities Futures Examination!
The Series 3 Online Exam Simulator is the industry-leading, online testing solution for the Series 3 - National Commodities Futures Examination! The web-based program provides multiple ways to prepare for the Series 3 exam:
- An unlimited number of randomly generated 10-question quizzes corresponding to the sections of the exam outline
- An unlimited number of randomly generated 125-question practice exams with immediate feedback
- An unlimited number of randomly generated 125-question timed exams to best simulate the test-taking experience
The 180-day subscription includes:
- Full access to Solomon Exam Prep's Series 3 question database (Over 1,200 questions!)
- Full access to regular question database updates
(Exam simulator subscriptions are limited to one individual.)
Sample a FREE demo of our Series 3 Online Exam Simulator here!
Great service, practice questions and mock exams were the key to passing. (Series 3)
Darragh Lenihan, Global Commodities Holdings Limited. Singapore
- A speedy response
- Direct access to Solomon professors
- Personalized help
"The Ask the Professor and live chat features were excellent!"
Carol G, New York
How do I register to take the Series 3?
To take the Series 3, an individual who is hired by an NFA-registered firm must file a Form 8-R application and attach a fingerprint card. You will have to answer a lengthy set of questions about your education and employment background and disciplinary history.
What does the Series 3 qualify me to do?
A Series 3 license qualifies individuals to solicit customers, customer orders or customer funds on behalf of a futures commission merchant, retail foreign exchange dealer, introducing broker, commodity trading advisor or commodity pool operator. It also qualifies individuals to manage other individuals who sell commodities or futures contracts.
How long should I prepare for this exam?
We recommend studying 60-80 hours over a four-week period.
What score do I need to pass the exam?
A score of 70% on each part is required for passing.
Note: Your score will be rounded down to the next lowest whole number (e.g. 69.9% would be a final score of 69%--not a passing score for the Series 3 Exam).
Select a class that works for you.